All businesses need social media- it’s the way of the digital world. Figuring out what platforms to use, what content to post, and how to post it is a full time job; right now, everyone in your company has three jobs each. Who do you delegate the job of social media manager to? Your best solution is to hire someone that is not a part of your company.
At first this sounds like it does not make sense. Why would you hire someone that does not work with your product? Shouldn’t that person have knowledge about your company if they are speaking on it’s behalf? Yes, but there is more.
What makes a social media manager’s job, “a job,” is everything that is involved. For starters, finding which platforms your target audience is already using. Creating the right content for each platform and formulating the right strategy to reach your target audience.
There is also research involved. What are similar companies doing to promote the same product or service as you? Who is your competition? How is your service going to benefit others and who really needs it? After this is all figured out (and really it never is), content needs to be posted, and monitored. It can be posted via Facebook Post, Facebook Ad, Tweet, Photo Collage, Video, the list goes on.
Then you need to see how your audience reacted (if at all) to your post. Did you reach your target market? Did you receive new Facebook Likes or reviews from clients? Did a viewer turn into a paying client? The list goes on, but you probably understand the point by now.
Here are the top five reasons why someone else should manage your company’s social media:
- You save at least 40 hours a week of overtime.Again, this is a full-time position. One person running a full department does not have time to see what people are saying on Facebook. Even if you try to delegate different platforms to different colleagues, your results will be poor. Hire someone who’s job is dedicated to social media management.
- It’s affordable. Designating your social media platforms to a company that strictly manages social media platforms, is a guaranteed win. Your spending wisely and not creating an entirely new position to fill.
- Social Media Managers are social.They are not afraid to post content and engage with people they do not know. They will speak on behalf of your company while you’re running your company.
- Because it’s more than a post.You are placing valuable information out there. A social media expert understands the value of good content, and a good post.
- Social Media Managers love studying statistics and analytics.Enough said.
To understand what else social media management companies can do to add value to your business, visit MILE Social.